Advanced practitioners (MD/DO, CNM, NP) who care for expecting or breastfeeding mothers are required to attain three hours of breastfeeding-related CME to maintain our Baby Friendly USA® Designation. We are counting any relevant CME acquired since September 2009.
There are two different online options available for all providers to get breastfeeding-related CMEs.
Do you like to learn by reading?
- Go the Wellstart.
- Read the PDF and complete the online exam found on the webpage.
- Once you receive your certificate, forward it to Judy Gould at the Women & Infants Medical Education Office. (3 CME hours*)
Do you like to learn by watching videos?
- Go to our online Grand Round video recordings at the links below and successfully complete the accompanying five-question quiz. These results will automatically be forwarded to Judy Gould.
- You will earn one one CME hour for each video.
- If you received credit for attending the original Grand Rounds, then you will not receive credit again.
Online Grand Round Videos:
Breastfeeding and Maternal Health - Heart Disease, Diabetes and More
Not Like Mom Event
Best Fed Beginnings - The Maternal Care Providers Role in Breastfeeding Support (8-8-13)
Best Fed Beginnings - The Pediatric Care Providers Role in Breastfeeding Support (8-9-13)
- Click on the hyperlink above.
- Click on "Launch Presentation" and watch the video.
- Click on the icon on the bottom right that looks like a piece of paper. You will then see a link under Resource Links that says "Click here to access quiz."
*Women & Infants Hospital is accredited by the Rhode Island Medical Society to sponsor continuing medical education for physicians. Women & Infants Hospital designates these online activities for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for the Wellstart Certificate and 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for each video module. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.