Research at Women & InfantsWomen & Infants Hospital is one of the nation’s largest and most prestigious research facilities in high risk and normal obstetrics, gynecology and newborn pediatrics. Women & Infants/Brown University is:
- A National Institutes of Health (NIH) Center of Biomedical Research Excellence for Perinatal Biology, the only one in the nation focused specifically on developmental research.
- A member of NRG Oncology, a National Cancer Institute funded, multi-institutional, cooperative research group with a major focus on gynecologic and breast cancer treatment.
- A member of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) Maternal Fetal Medicine Units Network, a consortium of 12 premier clinical centers across the U.S. whose charge is to investigate problems in clinical obstetrics.
- A member of the 18-center NICHD Neonatal Research Network, investigating the safety and efficacy of treatment and management strategies to improve the outcome of sick newborns.
- A member of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver NICHD Pelvic Floor Disorders Network, conducting multi-centered trials studying pelvic floor disorders.
Women & Infants’ researchers have received grant funding from hundreds of agencies and foundations, including the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Genentech, Janssen, Tesaro, the National Institutes of Health, the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund, the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute, the Rhode Island Foundation, and the Society of Family Planning.